Investigation Skills training:
Investigative Skills and Evidence Gathering Refresher
Duration: Two days
Our investigation skills courses have been developed by our Head of Investigative Skills, Chris Davies. Chris is an experienced former police detective and fully qualified crime trainer with experience of developing training courses for the College of Policing.
This course will provide attendees with an overview of the latest methods employed during criminal investigations and file building. The course content draws on a wealth of experience gained working on high level investigations. Attendees will benefit from practical, relevant training and will be equipped with the techniques and processes required for successful investigations and prosecutions.
Who is it for?
This course is ideal for anyone wishing to refresh their investigative skills. It will be particularly relevant to retired or retiring police officers or individuals from other prosecuting agencies who wish to continue working in the investigative field. It will also be of interest to anyone who has had a period away from investigative work and is looking to refresh their skills before returning.
- To identify the nature and scope of an investigation and understand the initial responsibilities when starting an investigation.
- To demonstrate investigative planning, decision making and recording of the investigative process.
- To identify and categorise vulnerable and intimidated witnesses, make and take statements and comply with the Victims Code of Practice.
- To understand the Common Law and CPIA obligations in relation to all aspects of a criminal investigation.
- To understand the prosecution process within the Criminal Justice System, the current forms utilised and the mandatory requirements.
Investigation Skills Training: Investigative Skills and Evidence Gathering Refresher next course date: 27th & 28th February 2018
To register a place/s on our next course date or to arrange training specifically for your organisation at a time and location to suit, please fill out the form below and we will contact you within 24 hours to arrange.
If you or your staff require more in-depth or specialist training then take a look at our other courses in this area.