Investigation Skills training:
Criminal Procedures & Investigations Act (CPIA) Operational guidance -Level 1
Duration: One day
Our investigation skills courses have been developed by our Head of Investigative Skills, Chris Davies. Chris is an experienced former police detective and fully qualified crime trainer with experience of developing training courses for the College of Policing.
This CPD accredited course will provide a comprehensive overview of the legislation and obligations relating to unused material and disclosure, for those involved in the investigation of offences and the prosecution of offenders.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for any person involved in the investigation process leading to the prosecution of offenders. Suitable for any prosecution agency targeting both front-line investigators and support staff involved in the prosecution process. Applicable for those who manage investigations.
- To understand the common law and CPIA obligations in relation to all aspects of a criminal investigation.
- To understand the meaning of unused material, relevance and the test for disclosure.
- To understand the current disclosure procedures to be employed by investigators including both magistrates and crown court processes.
- To demonstrate how to describe and schedule unused material.
- To understand the prosecution process within the criminal justice system and the mandatory requirements.