Administrative Support Officer (Newbury, Berkshire)
We are currently recruiting an Administrative Support Officer based in Newbury on a 9-month contract.
Purpose of the role:
Provide a comprehensive and flexible administrative support and confidential secretarial services to the Counter Terrorism Police South East (CTP SE) and Regional Organised Crime Unit (ROCU) with specific assistance given to the Assistant Chief Officer (ACC), Heads of CT & ROCU and their Senior Management Teams.
• Manage SLT diaries to ensure effective timetabling and co-ordination of activities, allocation of workloads of the Administrative Assistants ensuring the provision of a high-quality customer focussed service to both internal and external customers of the South East Region.
• Prepare files and other papers for meetings, review actions, obtain background papers and other appropriate information; attend meetings, taking accurate and often confidential minutes, then prepare and distribute them.
• Respond on behalf of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) on routine matters and straightforward correspondence, manage incoming calls and e-mails as appropriate. Produce draft replies, against guidelines for more complex issues, and notify the SLT members of any matters requiring urgent attention; liaise with police officers and staff to obtain information, undertake research and provide information and /or presentation materials including the use of PowerPoint.
• Provide a local point of contact for:
• signposting staff to use various systems to order and, as appropriate, manage equipment.
• liaise with Business Support Procure to Pay team on ordering sundries and supplies, including travel and accommodation; and with Finance in management of spend against budget codes.
• Oversea induction arrangements for new senior management starters / transfers to the Department (e.g. ID cards and photos, administration of fobs).
• Gifts and Gratuities ensuring notification sent to Register held by Professional Standards Dept
• Conference requests – obtaining HOD approval, ascertain whether training budget and booking.
• Departmental wide e-mails and sending out appropriate e-mails on behalf of HOD and senior managers.
• Ensure completion of delegated tasks, including the acquisition of information, provision of updates on projects, and collation of information for the briefing of senior managers; provide resilience to other roles in the departmental structure in relation to specific tasks during times of temporary abstraction as appropriate.
• Make all arrangements for hosting local events (e.g. regional meetings, and thematic workshops) liaising with relevant internal and external stakeholders; including assist in preparations as part of the HMIC and other Inspection frameworks
• A confident communicator at all levels with a good standard of education.
• Professional Administrative experience
• Experience in taking minutes
• Interpersonal Skills
• Recent experience of managing staff, monitoring welfare and managing performance
• RSA III or NVQ Customer Service level 2 or equivalent
• Ability to work to deadlines
• IT Literate with experience in MS applications
• Capability to travel to different locations across the Force.
Apply online or contact Rachael at Peel Solutions for more information.