Children & Families Support Worker
We are currently looking for ‘Children & Families Support Worker’s to join the Children’s Services Team based in Wirral on a Temporary on-going contract.
This is a full-time position, working 36 hours over 5 days. Your working hours will be 9.00-17.30, Monday-Friday.
Your Duties & Responsibilities will include:
• Work in partnership across Children’s Services and with other agencies to deliver support to children, young people and families which is targeted, co-ordinated and meets identified need
• Contribute to assessments of family situations using the relevant assessment and tools which are outcome focused and take sufficient account of individual needs and all types of diversity
• Plan and deliver individual programmes of support; ensuring that vulnerable children, young people and families achieve better outcomes leading to improved life chances through:
• Developing parenting skills and promoting positive parenting
• Building relationships with their children and other family members
• Improving communication
• Encouraging change
• Manage a diverse caseload, working in a creative, flexible and positive manner
• To respond flexibly and promptly to requests for interventions and support packages to maintain young people with their families in the community
• To attend key meetings, i.e child protection conferences, review meetings or Court, alongside the child’s social worker as appropriate, as a Council representative
• NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in a relevant field, i.e. social care, childcare, health, working with families etc
• Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
• Evidence of understanding the complexity of issues locally and nationally relating to at risk, vulnerable young people with complex multiple issues
• An understanding of issues which may impact families, such as, mental health, substance misuse, domestic violence and abuse and poverty
• Knowledge and understanding of evidence-based interventions with children, young people and families. Such as; Triple P, incredible years, motivational interviewing
• Operational experience of working with children, young people and families with complex multifaceted issues
• Experience of directly working with children, young people or families
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Sammi Barbour at Peel Solutions.