Childrens Social Worker (Dudley)
We are currently recruiting a Children’s Social Worker based in Dudley.
Purpose of the job:
With supervision and advice, work to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and promote their upbringing by their families, wherever and whenever possible, by the provision of services. Adhere to the General Social Care Council (GSCC) Code of Practice of Social Workers.
MINIMUM STANDARDS: CQSW/CSS/DipSW qualification. Social work experience in local government, voluntary or independent sector. Direct experience of working with children, especially those from different racial & cultural backgrounds. Ability to initiate, draft & produce reports. Ability to deal with / record casework, communicate effectively with client groups & professionals in order to assess client needs. Ability to attend & organise case conferences & reviews for the purpose of assessing & monitoring the development of service users. Ability to develop person-centred care plans. Ability to deal with conflict and complaints. Ability to participate within a duty team framework. Knowledge of relevant statutory social work legislation. Knowledge of the issues relating to the well-being of service users covering a wide range of clients.
MINIMUM HEALTH & SAFETY KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: Demonstrable basic health & safety knowledge relevant to the job, according to Section 7 HSWA and Council policy.
• A calm approach to confrontational situations
• A practical/flexible approach to work
• A team player
• A willingness and ability to undertake appropriate training
• Ability to communicate with and respond to people of all ages
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to a wide range of people
• Ability to deal with sensitive issues
• Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Ability to manage workload and work as part of a team
• Ability to understand the different needs to clients
• Committed to ongoing personal and role development
• Flexible to demands of the role
• Good all round IT knowledge
• Good working knowledge of relevant legislation and codes of practice
• Organisational Ability To Manage The Caseload In Line With Service Policy And Protocols
• Self motivated, ability to motivate others and evidence of commitment to continued professional development
• Supervising experience
Contact Tasha at Peel Solutions for more information 01925 377 878 or email firstname.lastname@example.org