Clinical Lead Nurse
My client is looking for a Clinical Lead to join their Nursing Home team based in Enfield on a Temporary on-going contract.
This is a full-time position, working 36 hours per week over 5 days. Your working hours will be 9.00-17.30, Monday-Friday.
Your duties & responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Registered Manager in conducting robust management audits to ensure compliance with relevant professional, regulatory and contractual requirements, and to take corrective action if required. This specifically includes the administration of medication and related issues, and the update and review of care plans and all related documentation (including computerized records if applicable)
- Taking responsibility for the nursing resource rota. This includes enforcing the contractual requirements of nurses to be available when reasonably required. This will require collaborative working with other services in IWE
- Taking responsibility for managing nursing staff leave to ensure the needs of the home are paramount whilst allowing staff to take their contractual holiday entitlement. This will require collaborative working with other services in IWE
- Working with the Registered Manager, facilitate the effective introduction of the Team Leader role to ensure safe transference of duties from nursing staff
- Taking responsibility for performance monitoring of nursing staff, including supervisions and appraisals. This includes identifying required improvement and training and dealing with sub-standard performance
- Ensure the assessed needs of people living in the home are regularly assessed to ensure that they receive the highest standard of care and service appropriate to their identified needs
- Ensure each person living in the home has an up to date support plan which details the interventions needed to secure positive outcomes
Requirements for the successful applicant:
- Experience working in a similar role/environment
- Experience leading and managing a team of staff
- Current NMC Registration
- A clear understanding of CQC standards/legislation
- Dementia Trained
- All Mandatory Care Home training must have been completed within the last 12 months
- Effective communicator
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Sammi Barbour at Peel Solutions.