Cyber Crime Investigator ( Halesworth, Suffolk)
We are currently recruiting a Cyber Crime Investigator based in Suffolk.
Principal purpose of the role The proactive and reactive investigation of cyber dependent criminal offences and any other incidents, as required.
Main activities of the role (This list is not exhaustive)
• Undertake enquiries and investigations into cyber digital crime, including obtaining witness statements, seizing exhibits and any other investigative procedures.
• Provide advice on cyber digital investigations and crime prevention to others.
• Act as Officer in the Case (OIC), investigating cyber digital offences, conducting suspect interviews, preparing and submitting case files, ensuring CPIA disclosure obligations are fulfilled. Attend court and present evidence as required.
• Attend search warrants, crime scenes, arrests and interviews where appropriate, in order to gather and secure evidence.
• Support proactive initiatives against cyber digital criminals
• Maintain continuing professional knowledge and expertise on cyber digital threats, trends, technology, social media and opportunities to prevent and detect cyber crime.
• Liaise with Law Enforcement colleagues and partners nationwide
• Actively seek intelligence and identify persons suitable for referral to Dedicated Source Unit.
• Prepare and participate in planned policing operations.
• Promote equality, diversity and Human Rights abiding by the Code of Ethics.
• Take responsibility to provide a high quality of service to victims and witnesses, in accordance with the Victim Code.
• Any other duties commensurate with the role and grade as may reasonably be requested by line management.
Special conditions/Points to note
a) The purpose of this job description is to indicate the general level of the duties and responsibility of the role, the duties may from time to time vary without changing the general character of the role or the levels of responsibilities.
b) Whilst the role is normally based at the aforementioned location, you may be required to work at other establishments across both Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies as may be reasonably required. Police Staff Conditions of Service will be adhered to in such instances.
c) All duties must be carried out in accordance with relevant Health and Safety legislation and good practice. A ‘No Smoking in the Work Place’ policy applies. d) All duties must be carried out in a manner that supports the Constabulary’s commitment to equality and inclusion.
Apply online or contact email@example.com for more information.