Education Welfare Officer
My client is currently looking for an ‘Education Welfare Officer’ to join their Team based in St Helens on a Temporary on-going contract.
This is a full-time position, working 37 hours over 5 days. Your working hours will be 8.45-17.15, Monday-Friday.
Your duties & responsibilities will include:
• Making regular contact with pastoral staff in schools for the purpose of individual referrals in relation to non-attendance at school; work closely with schools in response to school attendance problems
• Visiting pupils homes to ascertain the reasons for non-attendance at school
• Provide and encourage regular school attendance in all discussions with pupils and parents
• Maintain records of contact with pupils and their families using the electronic Child Support System based at the LEA
• Attend court in relation to the prosecution for school non-attendance
Requirements for the successful applicant:
• Experience working in an Education Welfare or Pastoral Care role with Schools
• NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in Health & Social Care
• Goo working knowledge and understanding of the principles of co-production, working in person-centred ways, how to develop resilience and improve wellbeing
• Ability to case record, report and letter write
• Good Working Knowledge and commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
• Ability to remain calm and professional when faced with difficult and confrontational situations
• Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Sammi Barbour at Peel Solutions.