My client is currently looking for a ‘Family Practitioner’ to join their Children’s Services team based in Hull, on a 3 Month Temporary Contract.
This is a full-time position, working 36 hours per week over 5 days. Your working hours will be 8.30-17.00, Monday-Friday.
Your Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people, and to support families
- Work in partnership with colleagues, parents, and carers, ensuring that child-centered systemic practice is the principal standard and framework for all work undertaken with children, young people and families
- Engages in critical reflection and constructive challenge within the course of working with colleagues, other agencies and with children, young people and families
- Undertakes specific pieces of direct work with children, young people and families both individually and co-working with colleagues as directed by the Consultant Social Worker. This includes supporting the assessment and case/care planning work with other professionals
- Works with colleagues in the pod/team to ensure that children, young people, and families are regularly and actively communicated with
Required Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Educated to GCSE standard English and Maths or Literacy & Numeracy Award equivalent
- Level 4 Qualification in a relevant subject focused on working with children, young people and families eg. Level 4 Award in Work with Parents – Intense Support for Families with Multiple & Complex Needs (within 24 months of taking up a role)
- Experience of working directly with service users
- Motivation to work with children, young people, and families
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children, young people and families
- Practical direct working skills with children, young people, and families to advise, support, persuade and engage them in meeting their goals and potential
- A knowledge and commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- Ability to establish professional, effective working relationships with a range of partners/colleagues and children, young people and families
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Sammi Barbour at Peel Solutions.