Family Support Worker - Assessment & Intervention Team
My client is currently looking for a number of ‘Family Support Workers’ to join their Children’s Assessment & Intervention Team on an initial 3 Month Temporary Contract based in the Wirral.
Your Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- Work in partnership across Children’s Services and with other agencies to deliver support to children, young people and families which is targeted, co-ordinated and meets identified the need
- Undertake holistic assessments and observations of family situations using the relevant assessment and observation tools which are outcome-focused and take sufficient account of individual needs and all types of diversity
- Plan, deliver and review individual programs of support; ensuring that vulnerable children, young people, and families achieve better outcomes leading to improved life chances
- Manage a diverse caseload, taking the role of Lead Professional as appropriate, working in a creative, flexible and positive manner. As a champion for children and families, this will include being confident to offer a healthy challenge when appropriate
- Provide intensive support to children and families, this may mean daily contact in the family home or community venues, using a range of skills and approaches to engage them in positive change which will improve their outcomes and life chances
Requirements for the Successful Candidate:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant field, i.e. social care, childcare, health, working with families, etc
- Evidence of continuing Professional Development
- Evidence of understanding the complexity of issues locally and nationally pertaining to the management of, at-risk, vulnerable young people with complex multiple issues
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills and the ability to interact and engage with children, young people and their families and key partners across the children’s workforce
- Ability to recognize and address differing priorities confronting multi-disciplinary Operational experience of managing complex cases and workloads
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV to Sammi Barbour at Peel Solutions.