Family Support Worker (Grade 6) – Children’s Services Team (Dudley)
37 hours. 9.00-17.30. Monday-Friday
£10.71 (PAYE) £13.29 (LTD)
My Local Authority client are currently recruiting to the position of ‘Family Support Worker’ to join their Children’s Services Team based in Dudley. This is a Temporary ongoing contract where you will be working 37 hours a week between 9.00-17.30 Monday-Friday.
About the Job
Within this role, you will be involved in and responsible for:
• Carrying out high quality Early Help assessments, develop and implement high quality Early Help Family Support plans.
• Working in partnership with families to ensure that they are provided with the right support at the right time to promote the welfare of children and young people living within the family.
• Reducing the risk of abuse and neglect and the need for statutory social care intervention.
• Proactively engage and support the most vulnerable and challenging children, young people and their families to strengthen the family and improve their outcomes, develop their resilience and reduce dependency upon specialist services.
• Delivering a ‘Think Family’ approach ensuring that all services working with the family are coordinated and work effectively together whilst maintaining a focus upon the safety and wellbeing of the children and young people.
• Enabling the development of positive strategies to enable families to gain and maintain independence and control over all aspects of their lives and contribute positively within the community.
• Working assertively with families with complex often interrelated problems including reducing truancy and school exclusion, improving under attainment and aspiration through education, learning and employment, reducing antisocial behavior and crime, improving health and developing a healthy lifestyle, maintaining and sustaining tenancies.
• Working alongside social workers to implement the Care plan when statutory intervention is required.
• Working as an effective team member positively implementing the Early Help strategy, prioritising the needs of families in need of support and intervention.
As a successful applicant for this position, my client is looking for someone who meets the following requirements.
Qualifications and skills:
• Hold a Professional qualification relevant to work with children and families at NVQ3 or above.
• Good Literacy and English writing and numeracy skills level 3 and above
• Evidence of continued learning and development
• Good level of IT skills and application
• Experience of working with children, young people and families at risk of statutory intervention.
• Experience of working with families with multiple and complex interrelated problems.
• Experience in the delivery of evidence-based parenting programmes or interventions or a willingness to undertake training to deliver these.
• Experience of carrying out risk and needs assessment and the development, coordination, implementation, monitoring and review of Family support plans
• Experience of working in a multi-agency setting/environment.
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your up to date CV to Sammi Barbour at Peel Solutions.