Family Support Worker (Grade 6) - Early Help Service
My client is currently recruiting to the position of Family Support Worker for their Early Help Team based in Dudley.
This is a full time position working 37 hours a week over 5 days, on an on-going temporary contract. Your working hours will be 9.00-17.30, Monday-Friday.
Your duties & responsibilities include:
• Carrying out high quality Early Help assessments, develop and implement high quality Early Help Family Support plans
• Working in partnership with families to ensure that they are provided with the right support at the right time to promote the welfare of children and young people living within the family
• Reducing the risk of abuse and neglect and the need for statutory social care intervention
• Proactively engage and support the most vulnerable and challenging children, young people and their families to strengthen the family and improve their outcomes, develop their resilience and reduce dependency upon specialist services
• Delivering a ‘Think Family’ approach ensuring that all services working with the family are coordinated and work effectively together whilst maintaining a focus upon the safety and wellbeing of the children and young people
Required Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
• Professional qualification relevant to work with children and families at NVQ3 or above
• Good Literacy and English writing and numeracy skills level 3 and above
• Evidence of continued learning and development
• Good level of IT skills and application
• Experience of working with children, young people and families at risk of statutory intervention
• Experience of working with families with multiple and complex interrelated problems
• Experience of delivery of evidence based parenting programmes or interventions or a willingness to undertake training to deliver these
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Sammi Barbour at Peel Solutions.