Healthcare Assistant – Hospice (Belfast)
My client is looking to recruit a Healthcare Assistant on an Ad-Hoc basis to join their Hospice Care Team based in Belfast.
Various shifts are required, so flexibility to working early mornings, late nights, and weekends is essential.
Your Duties & Responsibilities will include:
• Provides care patients with palliative care needs in accordance with their care plan
• Communicates with patients, carers and health professionals in a professional but sensitive manner
• Recognises changes in symptoms and conditions notifies other health care professionals as necessary
• Assisting with Administering Oral Medication
• Escorts Capable patients on visits outside of the Hospice Setting
• Provides support to patient’s carers or family members
• Cares for the body after death and supports family members/ carers after death
• Updates patient records and hands over care given appropriately
To be considered for this role, you must have:
• At least 2 years’ experience as a Healthcare Assistant
• Experience working with End of Life Care/in a Hospice Setting
• Relevant Healthcare Qualification (NVQ Level 2, etc)
• Full UK Driving License and own transport is desirable but not essential
For more information, or to apply for this position – please send your CV to Sammi Barbour at Peel Solutions.