Housing Officer - Neighbourhood Team
My client is currently looking for a ‘Housing Officer’ to take on a Temporary on-going contract within their Neighbourhood Team based in Slough.
This is a full-time position, working 37 hours over 5 days. Your working hours will be 9.00-17.30, Monday-Friday.
Your Duties & Responsibilities will Include:
• To provide a comprehensive housing management service within a specified geographic area to our customers and neighbourhoods dealing with breaches of tenancy/leaseholder agreements, estate management/monitoring, rent arrears management, anti-social behaviour, caretaking and delivery of communal services and tenancy support visits
• Deliver against an agreed improvement plan for the assigned area in consultation with residents and help deliver the corporate objectives. The plan should reflect the needs of the area with reference to the profile of residents and the physical characteristics
• Ensure the housing management and environmental services provided to residents are coordinated and of an excellent standard and conform to relevant statutory requirements and best practice
• Deliver housing services that are inclusive and accessible to our vulnerable customers
• Ensure that all complaints, incidents of ASB and harassment are investigated and dealt with in accordance with Slough policies and procedures
Requirements for the Successful Applicant:
• Significant experience of working in housing related role
• Experience of managing and prioritising own workload and ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Awareness of legislation, policy and best practice relating to housing management, rent arrears management and anti-social behaviour
• Knowledge of legal enforcement proceedings via the County Court
• Ability to interpret and implement detailed policy and procedure
• Ability to influence effectively with a practical approach to problem solving
• Builds constructive working relationships with colleagues and, where appropriate, with external bodies
• A level qualification
• Certificate in Housing (Level 3) or equivalent
• Must have a valid driver’s licence and have access to own means of transport
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Sammi Barbour at Peel Solutions.