Occupational Health Advisor (Liverpool)
My client is currently looking for an experienced Occupational Health Advisor to join their busy Head Quarters in Liverpool on an Initial 3 Month Temporary Contract.
This is a Full-Time Position, working 36 Hours per Week over 5 Days. Your Working Hours will be: 8.30-16.45.
Your Duties & Responsibilities will include:
• Undertake health-screening procedures for prospective and existing employees to ensure that the appropriate medical standards are maintained, and employees are physically and mentally capable of performing their duties
• Provide advice, guidance and counselling on issues relating to occupational health and attendance management to managers, employees and their representatives in line with business requirements
• Review employees performing recuperative duties as required and provide advice/reports to managers to support the effective management of staff to full duties in line with Force policy
• Undertake home visits or visit other appropriate locations in order to provide an effective service to employees who are unable to attend their normal place of work as appropriate
• Actively participate in attendance management initiatives including providing appropriate advice on individual return to work action plans/requirements for recuperative duties/workplace adjustments, monitoring sickness trends and advising on proactive responses to emerging trends e.g. stress or other workplace hazards
• Assist in the planning, preparation and delivery of Health Promotion/Health Education activities related to improving health in the workplace and promoting work life balance.
Requirements for the Successful Applicant:
• Must have Nursing Qualification (Degree in Nursing or Equivalent)
• Must be Registered Nurse with NMC
• Must hold a Qualification in Occupational Health (or is currently working towards Diploma/Degree in Occupational Health)
• Minimum of two years’ experience working within the field of Occupational Health, Ideally in a similar setting
• Have Excellent communication skills and experience in preparing/delivering presentations
• Ability to undertake research and prepare reports on health care issues as directed by the Senior Occupational Health Advisor
To Apply for this position, please send your CV to Sammi Barbour at Peel Solutions.