Occupational Health Advisor (Welwyn Garden City)
We are currently Occupational Health Advisor based in Welwyn Garden City on a 4-month contract. 37 hours per week.
Purpose of the role:
To provide a proactive occupational health service by assisting in the prevention of illness, injury or disease associated with their occupation, by promoting the Health, Safety & Wellbeing of Staff.
• Provide professional and confidential advice and support on a wide variety of case management.
• Organise and carry out appropriate health screening and surveillance of specialist groups in line with legislative requirements and guidance to minimise risk of Occupational Ill Health.
• Ensure pre-employment health screening of all applicants is within agreed protocols to ensure fitness for work as per the requirements of individual posts.
• Ensure at all times the service provided is professional, confidential and remains within the bounds of NMC professional guidelines.
• To identify trends through the monitoring of referrals.
• RGN (Part 3 of the NMC Register).
• OHU diploma/degree.
• Post qualification OH experience.
• Excellent communication both written and verbal, i.e confident to deal with challenges at middle management level, through written report and meetings/presentations.
• Excellent Computer Literacy – MS Packages, Databases, specifically OHU Software.
• Ability to prioritise and manage competing demands.
• Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Experience of Health Screening & Health Surveillance.
Other General Requirements/Scope:
• Driving licence will be required, as the post holder will need to have the ability to travel throughout the three forces. The post holder will need to make arrangements for business insurance if using their own car.
• The post holder will be expected to manage their hours and workload, although on occasion may need to work additional hours.
• Vetting required, as advised by the vetting unit.
• The post holder will be expected to undertake training as and when required. The post holder will be expected to comply with health and safety requirements.
• Obligatory Requirements
• Before commencement of this appointment, this role is subject to medical assessment. For some roles health screening or surveillance may be required on a regular basis, as identified by line manager risk assessments.
Apply online or contact Rachael at Peel Solutions for more information.