Professional Standards Officer - Safeguarding Service
Website Peel Solutions
My client is currently looking for a ‘Professional Standards Officer’ to join their Safeguarding team based in the Wirral on a 3 Month Temporary contract.
This a part-time position, working 18 hours per week over 2 days. Your working hours will be 9.00-17.30.
Your duties & responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for providing and promoting the effective use of Quality Assurance tools and techniques across operational services
- Responsible for developing and implementing processes for and co-ordinating Quality Assurance checks and audits of business processes and identifying compliance and opportunities for improvement
- Responsible for supporting service development and quality initiatives to meet Service, and Departmental requirements, informed by research, current best practice, statutory requirements/guidance and consultation with stakeholders
- Responsible for working with Social Workers, Team Managers, and Advanced Practitioners to implement best practice initiatives and to support a feedback loop of the findings from complaints, serious case reviews, and national inquiries into action plans and learning outcomes for practice improvement including feedback on progress
- Contribute to the analysis of the impact of policies and strategies on service users and carers and be responsible for sharing this analysis with Senior Managers and other relevant stakeholders
- Experience of developing policies and procedures within social care
- Up to date and relevant knowledge of social care policy and practice issues
- Excellent IT skills (able to use a variety of IT software such as Word, Excel)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of relevant computer packages (Word, Excel) Good keyboard skills
- Good written skills
- Good presentation skills – must be able to use powerpoint
- Demonstrate good customer care skills
- Experience in delivering training and development
- Ability to develop and maintain QA systems
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Sammi Barbour at Peel Solutions.