Registered Nurse - Care Home (Ad-Hoc)
Due to the increasing demand being caused by the Covid-19 outbreak, we are currently looking for experienced RGN’s to work in a Care Home in Widnes on a Temporary Ad-hoc Basis.
You will be required to pickup shifts at short notice as and when additional support is required. Shifts will include Days, Evenings, Weekends, Bank Holidays and Waking Nights – so flexibility is essential.
Your Duties & Responsibilities will include:
• Ensure the maintenance of clinical care and standards within the unit on each shift
• Take responsibility for the clinical care of residents within a unit, working with colleagues and the whole care team to achieve the highest standards of care
• Manage, supervise and coach non-registered care and support staff
• Ensure all residents have an individualised care plan and associated risk assessments, that these are clinically appropriate, accurately maintained and reviewed at regular intervals and when residents needs change
• Participate in regular case file audits to ensure standards are maintained
• Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with the wider health and social care team ensuring that changes in the health of residents is communicated with the relevant General Practitioner and appropriate treatment and care actions are undertaken
• Ensure systems and processes in place are utilised for the identification and reporting of incidents, accidents, care and safeguarding concerns
• Participate in relevant investigations to ascertain the root causes and ensure agreed actions are implemented to resolve such occurrences and ensure the whole care team benefit from any learning
Required Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
• Experience as a Registered Nurse within a Care Home Setting
• Experience of managing and supervising non-registered care staff
• Valid NMC Pin
• Degree (or Equivalent) Qualification in Nursing
• Legislation, best practice guidance and regulatory standards for nursing
• Person centred, strengths-based approach to treatment, care and support planning
• Clinical competence in a wide range of treatment and care interventions relevant to the older people
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Sammi Barbour at Peel Solutions.