SEN Education & Healthcare Plan Writer
My client is currently recruiting to the position of ‘SEN Education & Healthcare Plan Writer for their Local Authority team based in Ellesmere Port. This is a full time Temporary position, working 37 Hours a week.
The main purpose of your role will be to liaise with parents of children with special education needs, SEN Advisory Officers, health and social care professionals, educational psychologists, specialist teachers and staff from schools and colleges including head teachers.
Your Duties will include:
• Interpreting reports and advice and writing statutory Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans that are high quality and fully compliant with the Children and Families Act.
• Write EHC Plans, or Notes in Lieu of a Plan, for checking prior to issue within strict statutory timescales and to a high standard that would meet legal requirements and satisfy external scrutiny
• Provide information for complex cases in preparation for SEN team response to formal mediation and first tier tribunal court appeals
My client is looking for someone with the following Skills, qualifications and experience:
• Significant experience of writing high quality complex but clear documents
• Knowledge and understanding of special educational needs and disability
• Able to use word processing and spreadsheet systems efficiently
• Experience of working in education setting or services
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV to Sammi Barbour at Peel Solutions.