Targeted Family Support Team Leader
My client is currently looking for an experienced ‘Team Leader’ to take on a new challenge within their ‘Targeted Family Support Service’ based in Worcester on an initial 3-month temporary contract.
This is a full-time position, working 37 hours over 5 days. Your working hours will be 9.00-17.30, Monday-Friday.
Your Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- To manage all Requests for Service through the Early Help Portal at level 3 ensuring timely decisions and provide families with the correct level of support considering their needs holistically
- Exercise delegated decision making for families awaiting allocation and those families allocated so that children and young people are safeguarded
- To support families with complex issues to minimize risk and harm for children and young people
- To provide leadership to Targeted Family Support staff, including their recruitment, induction, professional development, and performance management in line with Worcestershire County Council guideline
- To participate in the recruitment, selection, and induction of Targeted Family Support Workers and to support their professional development
- To work alongside Worcestershire County Council customer relations department to respond to complaints from Partners and family members. To address and ensure any learning from this feedback implemented
- To maintain accurate and up to date records such as casefiles and supervision records
- To provide quality assurance – complete audits, team diagnostics and ensure identified actions are completed
Requirements for the successful applicant:
- Substantial experience of working directly with children, young people, and families. who are requiring support to address complex needs
- Demonstrable experience of managing, coaching and developing staff members.
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively in a multi-agency environment, being responsive, sharing information and collaborating to achieve targets.
- Considerable experience in coordinating meetings
- Experience of project management
- Able to manage a staff team who are working with complex families
- Have a Specialist knowledge of the Children Act (1989 and 2004) including its key principles and application, Childcare Act 2006
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Sammi Barbour at Peel Solutions.