Teaching Assistant (Level 2) - SEND
Website Peel Solutions
My client is looking for a Level 2 experienced Teaching Assistant to support SEND students within the college based in Scunthorpe on a 12 Month fixed term contract.
This is a full-time position, working 37.5 hours per week over 5 days. Your working hours will be 8.30-16.00, Monday-Friday.
Your duties & responsibilities will include:
- Assists pupils with personal self-care as required
- Helps individual pupils or groups of pupils to access the differentiated curriculum, including assisting with the planning and evaluation of learning, social communication, and emotional regulation activities
- Assists with general administration and supports classroom management (where required), including creating learning materials
- Contributes to the development, implementation, and evaluation of personalized plans that are devised by the Specialist Teacher and classroom teacher
- Supports the liaison with the classroom teacher and Teaching Assistant so pupils can access the differentiated curriculum in the mainstream school or early years setting
- Supervises pupils in planned activities when appropriate where the teacher is temporarily absent, in accordance with instructions/directions
Required Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Communication skills, including facility with visual communication systems
- Time management and organizational skills
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- ICT capability
- Knowledge of child development and children’s personal development needs
- Knowledge of the implications of common disabilities, particularly related to neurodiversity, in children for teaching and learning at school and for families of pupils
- Knowledge of strategies that promote positive behavior
- Ability to participate fully in de-escalation strategies, in pupil personal care routines and in moving and handling pupils with physical disabilities safely, using appropriate mechanical and other lifting devices, following recognized procedures if required
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Sammi Barbour at Peel Solutions.