Currently looking for an experienced ‘YOT Officer’ to take on a 3 Months temporary contract within a Youth Offending Team based in Blackpool.
This is a full-time position, working 37 hours per week over 5 days.
Your duties & responsibilities will include:
- Assessment of young people who offend, including specialist assessments, e.g. Sexually Harmful Behaviour, Speech Language and Communication Needs. Etc.,
- Managing bail and remand cases
- Managing cases subject to the YOT’s Multi-Agency Risk Management Procedure (high and very high risk) – child protection, MAPPA, child sexual exploitation (CSE) and sexually harmful behavior cases
- Planning and sequencing of community and custodial sentences
- Delivery of interventions to address offending behavior and other criminogenic needs, including AIM2 interventions for sexually harmful behavior and ‘keep safe’ work with young people at risk of CSE.
- Enforcement of statutory court orders to maintain compliance
- Writing Pre-Sentence and Referral Order Panel Reports based on assessments
- Court Officer duties (including weekend and bank holidays on a rota basis)
Requirements for the successful applicant:
- One of CQSW, Diploma / BA in Social Work; Diploma in Probation Studies; Foundation Degree in Youth Justice; NVQ 4 in Community Justice
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working with children, young people and their parents or carers is required for this post.
- Knowledge of how the legislation and corresponding guidance framework directly affects their work
- Understand the responsibility of their role and also the limits of those responsibilities
- Achieve an effective balance between control and care, punishment and treatment, through the use of a range of engagement skills
- Develop relationships which are collaborative, motivating and child centered, using a range of strategies to engage young people and families (motivational interviewing, solution-focussed methods, etc.)
- Engage effectively with young people and parents to gather information for the purpose of assessment
- Take account of the diversity of young people and their circumstances when undertaking assessments
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Sammi Barbour at Peel Solutions.