Modern Slavery training:
Duration: A full day training course
Modern Slavery investigation is an important area and demand for individuals with investigative skills and knowledge in this specialism is growing. In fact in between April 2015 and March 2016, 884 Modern Slavery crimes were recorded by the police in England and Wales.
Since the introduction of the Modern Slavery Act in 1995 an increased awareness of the issues has led to a growing number of crimes and potential crimes being reported. Investigating offences in this field is specialist and requires a thorough understanding of Modern Slavery law as well as the skills and knowledge to recognise signs and hidden behaviour which could be an indicator of an offence.
Our Modern Slavery courses have been designed and created by those with experience and expertise in this area including our Head of Investigations Chris Davies, an EX police trainer. Chris is considered to be one of the UK’s leading experts in the field of Modern Slavery investigation and our Modern Slavery courses have also received praise from the HMIC (Police auditors) describing the training as best practice.
Who is it for?
This course is ideal for any investigator or supervisor who will be involved in the investigation of offences under the Modern Slavery Act or those individuals who manage these investigations. This course would also be applicable to prosecutors involved in this arena as well as those who have a responsibility for influencing policy and procedures within their prosecuting organisation.
Aim: To provide those, who will be carrying out the investigation of Modern Slavery offences, with the knowledge and understanding they will require to carry out their investigative responsibilities to both the victim and the offender effectively and lawfully.
- To understand the current situation in the UK and be aware of the changes to the law
- To understand what Modern Slavery is and to recognise the signs and behaviours.
- To understand the obligations placed upon investigators in relation to the Victims Code of Practice and Achieving Best Evidence.
- To understand the definitions of the offences, the points to prove and the defences.
- To understand how to plan an operation or investigation.
- To identify the Support Services and what they can offer.
- To understand disclosure and the part this plays in the investigation of a serious or complex investigation.
To register a place/s on our next course date or to arrange training specifically for your organisation at a time and location to suit, please fill out the form below and we will contact you within 24 hours to arrange.
If you or your staff require more in-depth or specialist training then take a look at our other courses in this area.
“I feel this course has opened my eyes to a topic I was ignorant of. I will keep the knowledge I have gained in the forefront of my thinking going forward."
A recent participant on the Understanding Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking: Commercial Organisations Course